Mahoney Plumbing’s is a North Shore HVAC contractor that will ensure you will stay warm during the cold winter months. We install, maintain, and repair furnaces, humidifiers, dehumidifiers, air recovery ventilators, UV lights and Hepa filters. We also install two types of in floor heating.
We maintain and repair all heating system brands. For new installations, we are a Carrier-authorized dealer and HVAC contractor. Carrier offers a full line of products. Our technicians can help you determine which products are most appropriate for you.
Our technicians have an impressive list of qualifications including: N.A.T.E. certification, air balancing certification, geothermal training, PEEC certification and more!
Additionally, by joining our Home Care Club, you can receive:
- Discounts of up to 10% on maintenance and repairs
- Priority service
- Extended warranties
How Long Should Heating System Components Last?
The following are rough guidelines:
- A forced air furnace that is maintained annually will last 15 to 18 years.
- The blower motor may need to be replaced between seven and 10 years. Excessive noise and vibration will alert you when this is likely.
- 1″ filters must be changed monthly. Thick media air filters must be replaced twice a year. Humidifier pads must be changed annually.
- Thermostats do go out of calibration and periodically need to be replaced.
- UV lights should be replaced every one to three years, depending on the manufacturer.