Mahoney Plumbing is a North Shore HVAC contractor that will ensure you will stay cool during the hot summer months. We install, maintain and repair air conditioning units, humidifiers, dehumidifiers, air recovery ventilators, UV lights and Hepa filters.
We maintain and repair all air conditioning system brands. For new installations, we are a Carrier-authorized dealer and air conditioning contractor. Carrier offers a full line of products. Our technicians can help you determine which products are most appropriate for you.
Our technicians have an impressive list of qualifications including: N.A.T.E. certification, air balancing certification, geothermal training, PEEC certification and more!
Additionally, by joining our Home Care Club, you can receive:
- Discounts of up to 10% on maintenance and repairs
- Priority service
- Extended warranties
How Long Should Cooling System Components Last?
The following are rough guidelines:
- A quality air conditioner that is maintained annually will last 15 to 18 years. Excessive noise and vibration can alert you to possible pending replacement.
- Refrigerant might need to be periodically added, depending on your system. If you find you’ve added refrigerant year after year, you might be looking at a bigger problem.
- 1″ air filters must be changed monthly. Thick media air filters must be changed twice per year.
- Thermostats go out of calibration and periodically need to be replaced.
- UV lights should be replaced every one to three years, depending on the manufacturer.